Intermittent-Motion Bottom Seal Shrink Wrapping System
The HCF Series intermittent motion horizontal shrink wrapper is ideal for overwrapping large industrial products where full enclosure is required. Reaching speeds up to 15 packages per minute, the HCF Series wrapper operates on-demand as product is placed on the infeed conveyor. Product is then conveyed through a film forming head which engulfs the product in film while creating a bottom overlap seal along the length of the product.
A set of seal bars then creates a cross seal. An optional bottom seal produces positive thermal seal.
The HCF Series is available with a variety of optional infeeds to accommodate a wide range of product sizes. An optional HVP4/488 stand-alone shrink tunnel completes the system.
Mode of Operation
The customer places the product on the infeed conveyor. The belt pushes product into the inverting head and film plow. The machine detects the product and starts the powered film unwind system, eliminating any tension against the product. A static seal unit is located under the film plow, holding the overlapped film together. The vacuum conveyor pulls the film and product, preventing slowing or slippage.
When product clears the seal frame the seal bars close, sealing and cutting film around the product. After the seal is made the seal carriage opens. The product continues onto the tunnel conveyor belt to complete the packaging cycle.
- Frame and major structural components are rugged welded steel-channeled frame construction
- 16" Seal bar opening
- Standard conveyor height: 37" to 40"
- 1 HP variable speed main drive motor
- Lugged infeed conveyor with adjustable pin spacing offers flexibility for a variety of products
- Right-hand operator push button controls with right-hand electrical enclosure
- Dual film roll side mounted film rack
- On-demand powered film feed
- Power-driven pinch roller film feed for smooth starts and stops
- Low mass pneumatic-powered seal frame
- Hot knife cross seal bar
- Solid-state relays for temperature and cycle control
- Enclosure around sealing zone with interlock switches
- One fixed film forming plow
- Dual power drop
- Allen Bradley MicroLogix logic controller with PanelView 600 Plus operator interface
- All digital controls for timing and temperature settings
- No tools film roll cradle
Guarding and Finish
- All working areas are guarded with clear polycarbonate hinged doors with electrical interlocks
- Gray powder-coated paint is standard
Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- One day Factory Acceptance Test for one product size is included
- Mesh Belt Shrink Tunnel (12" x 22" x 60" Opening)
- Mesh Belt Shrink Tunnel (16" x 30" x 90" Opening)
- 24" Gravity Discharge Conveyor for long product
- Casters, CRS
- Tunnel Central Lube with nylon tubing
- Hot Air bottom lap seal in place of standard static (Polyethylene)
- Thermal/Static bottom lap seal in place of standard static (Polyolefin)
- Random pneumatic hole punch (recommended for polyethylene films)
- Additional fixed film former with "Quick Change" mounting bridge
- Auxiliary E-Stop Button(s) – per button
- UL/CSA approved main electrical cabinet
- Tablet with Pre-Loaded Documentation Files: operation manual, electrical schematics, BOMs, spare parts list, spares ordering link, stop watch, conversion calculator, Factory Acceptance reports, and an ARPAC GMAIL account to receive our latest promotions
- Tablet with Pre-Loaded Documentation Files and Training Module (maintenance, change over, trouble shooting, videos etc.)
- Ceiling tiles
- Pizza boxes
- Rubber mats
- Width (across machine): Up to 27"
- Length (flow direction): 8" and up
- Height Range: Up to 16"
- Roll Diameter: Up to 20"
- Roll Width: Up to 37"
- Type: Polyethylene, Polyolefin, PVC
- Clear or randomly printed film
- Center fold
- Speed: Up to 15 packages per minute
- Electrical: 240 VAC, 1 Ph, 60 Hz, 14 A
- Air: 80 psi, up to 5 SCFM
Please contact Pro Pac or call 888-318-0083 for your shrink equipment.