Wulftec PowerMaster Strapping System
At a Glance
- Specifically designed for corrugated and printing industries
- Fast, consistent all-electric design
- Easily integrates into existing production lines
Buy your strapping material from us, and get a discount on this Wulftec strapping equipment!
Click to enlarge
Strapping System Designed for Corrugate and Printing Industries
The PowerMaster is specifically designed for the corrugated and printing industries. This strapper features an all-electric design that performs faster and more consistently, with fewer maintenance issues than competing products. The PowerMaster strapping system is easily integrated into existing production lines to create a seamless packaging system, including a wide variety of conveyors, turning devices, centering devices, printers, scanners, scales, etc.
- AC variable frequency drives are standard equipment on all machines
- Lower maintenance and better reliability
- Wulftec stretch wrappers will save time and money
- NEMA 4/12 control panel dust tight and waterproof
- Control panel is neatly organized eliminating time otherwise lost searching for wires
- Control panel is UL508A approved
- Superior electrical design including Allen Bradley MicroLogix PLC and AC drives
- User friendly touch screen offers a simple yet effective way to adjust and maintain your equipment
- All motors, proximity sensors, photoeyes and other sensors have quick disconnect cables that simplify installation and maintenance
- Photoeyes are maintenance free and protected
- All Wulftec structures are made of heavy-duty steel for rugged performance, even in the harshest work environments
- Wulftec machines are built to last forever
- During the strapping cycle, the strapping head indexes towards the load before tensioning sequence, so tensioning and sealing are done against the side of the load.
- The strapping head is mounted on a movable assembly guided through linear bearings, and activated by an electric motor with a timing belt. The head has a load sensing device that detects the side of the load and tells the head movement to stop so tensioning and welding are done as close as possible to the product for maximum strap containment efficiency.
- The bottom section of the strapping arch can be a standard undertrack style or an electric motor driven pallet bayonet for "through-pallet" strapping or a combination of both.
- Up to 8 straps per minute may be applied, depending on strapping arch and package dimensions, strap quality and strap tension required
- PET or polypropylene strap may be used with minor adjustments to the strapping head
- Electronic tension control through a variable frequency drive. Assures consistent tension control regardless of the number of cycles and environmental conditions.
- Strap tension is adjustable from the touch screen.
- The PowerMaster offer turntables, rotating cross and centering devices as an option for all handling needs, accommodating pallet and palletless loads
- Wulftec heavy-duty conveyors are second-to-none in the industry
- Coils of PET or polypropylene strapping with a core diameter of 16" can be fitted to the high speed dispensers, with pulley block accumulation system and electrical brake.
- Ability to strap with polyester or polypropylene strapping without parts changes
- Non-Proprietary parts accessible on a local base
Best Warranties in the Industry
- 1-year on the strapping head and track
- 3-year unlimited cycle warranty
- 3-years on the steel structure
Specifications of the PowerMaster Strapping System
|Production Rate ||100 loads per hour |
|Dimensions ||88" L x 139" W x 148" H |
|Approximate Shipping Weight ||8700 lbs |
|Maximum Load Size ||80"H x 80"W |
|Maximum Load Weight ||5000 lbs |
|Electrical Requirements ||460 V /3 ph /60Hz 30A |
|Controls ||Allen Bradley CompactLogix L24 PLC Allen Bradley PanelView Plus 600 monochrome Touch Panel 24V control system Current overload protection NEMA 4/12 control cabinet with quick disconnect Sick autoheight sensing photoeye with on/off mode Power on/off lockable switch and indicator light 460VAC motors & variable frequency drives Allen BradleyPowerFlex 525 Two emergency stop stations (1 on panel / 1 on platen) Manual function for platen up/down and conveyor fwd/rev Variable compression settings Intuitive alarms diagnostic on touch screen Machine and head cycle counters Reset function Strap track with under track allowing under pack strapping 2 fully adjustable strapping patterns Alarm beacon 120 VAC outlet in control panel for service work |
|GS41 HT Strapping Head ||By changing the optional entry and exit guide, the head can strap with polypropylene or polyester from 3/8" to 5/8" wide and .015" to .040" thick strapping (Special adjustment required for PP, consult us) Consistently reproducible strap tensioning through an Allen Bradley PowerFlex 70 VFD and torque motor control Consistently high seal efficiency Environmentally favorable sealing by vibration welding Separate drive section for high speed strap feeding and take up and to achieve maximum tension levels Electronic strap circulation control |
|Electric Platen ||7.4 HP AC gear motor with Allen Bradley contactor |
|Strap Dispenser ||High-speed dispenser with pulley block accumulation system and electrical brake that can fits standard coils of PET/PP strapping with a core diameter of 16" and a width of 6" |
|Structure ||Heavy duty folded sheet metal uprights with upper frame structurally integrated with base for greater stability |
|Technical Information ||The machine is provided with a manual including electro/mechanical schematics and drawings, maintenance program and PLC program disk |
Ready to Expand?
We are here to help you grow your business. Increase your efficiency, reduce your costs, and quickly deliver your product to your customers. Connect With Pro Pac