Shrink Sleeving Film Layflat Widths Up to 900 mm (35.4")
Axon's EZ-Wide applicators are the value priced, low to mid-speed models for containers requiring wide multi-pack, wide twin packs, wide tamper evident bands, or wide shrink sleeve labels. These vacuum style shrink sleeve machines use economical stepper motors for consistent, repeatable performance.
The EZ-Wide series includes three shrink sleeving machines that accommodate film layflat widths up to 900 mm (35.4"). These models are ideal for applying multi-pack sleeves, tamper evident neck bands or shrink sleeve labels to large containers or multi-packs.
Axon EZ-Wide shrink sleeve applicators are offered with single-head and dual-head configurations, and are capable of steady-state production speeds from 60 to 90 cpm depending on container size.
Features & Benefits
- Fully-automatic - Sleeve application process is fully-automated, recipe driven and a touch screen HMI makes operation simple.
- Large size capable - Container diameters or multi-pack cross sections up to 22.5" (571 mm).
- Simple to operate, easy to maintain - Design minimizes use of moving parts which reduces complexity for both operators and maintenance personnel.
- Fast, tool-less size changeovers - Size changeovers can be completed in five minutes or less.
- Guillotine style cutter - Simple, durable and dependable two-blade cutting system delivers consistent, clean cuts.
- Long blade life - Under normal operating conditions EZWide cutting blades can be used for up to one year before replacement is required.
- Modular head design - Single head applicator can be easily upgraded to a dual heads for increased production speeds.
- Vacuum spreader guide system - Simple vacuum technology with inexpensive film spreader guides makes change parts inexpensive, and a true bargain.
- Quick changeovers - Recipe functionality on the touch-screen HMI allow for rapid adjustment of machine settings.
- Cutting system - Guillotine knife mechanism provides a clean and precise cut for a high-quality finish, it's also simple to maintain.
- Low-cost change parts - Run all your SKUs on one machine, switching between different size containers won't break your budget.
- Bilingual operation - English and Spanish standard.
- Multiple perforation options - Horizontal, T-style, or vertical.
- PMMI certified training - Operator training provided by a PMMI Certified Technician.
The Axon EZ-Wide offers the flexibility to perform multiple shrink applications.
- Multi-packs and twin packs
- Tamper evident bands
- Partial-body sleeves
- Full-body sleeves
- Full-body over the cap sleeves
- Static reduction - Mitigates static build-up.
- Print registration - Fiber optic sensor reads film registration marks so the PLC can calculate cut lengths to assure sleeve length accuracy.
- Vertical, horizontal & T perforators - Add perforations to enhance ease of opening.
- Band positioning - Belt system assures correct placement of tamper bands or partial body sleeves during application process.
- Low film alarm - Automatically detects low film levels and alerts operator.
- Product spacers - Precisely separate containers at the infeed to assure smooth production.
- Infeed timing screws - Required for multi-packs, certain container geometries.
- Spare parts kit - Recommended start-up parts inventory.
| ||EZ-400 ||EZ-650 ||EZ-900 |
|1 Head Speed ||Up to 50 cpm ||Up to 40 cpm ||Up to 35 cpm |
|2 Head Speed ||Up to 90 cpm ||Up to 70 cpm ||Up to 60 cpm |
|Film Layflat Range ||200 mm - 400 mm ||250 mm - 650 mm ||250 mm - 900 mm |
|Product Diameter or |
Multi-Pack Cross Section
|125 mm - 250 mm ||155 mm - 410 mm ||155 mm - 571 mm |
|Applied Film Materials ||PVC, PETG, OPS, PLA |
|Film Thickness ||60 – 70 microns (2.3 – 3.0 mil) ||70 – 100 microns (3.0 – 4.0 mil) |
|Controls ||Siemens PLC & HMI standard, Allen Bradley optional |
|Power ||220V Single ph |
|Air ||80 psi, 5-10 cfm |
Please contact Pro Pac or call 888-318-0083 for your shrink sleeve equipment.