Fast, User-Friendly, Reliable Automatic L Sealer
The Arpac L Series Automatic L-Sealer offers you the latest in shrink packaging technology, featuring a proprietary design that provides fast, user-friendly and reliable operation. Developed by Hanagata and Arpac, pioneers in automatic L-Sealer technology, the flexible Arpac L-Series is guaranteed to provide you with high-quality packaging for retail display. This exclusive distribution partnership brings Hanagata's packaging innovations to North America with US based service and support.
Mode of Operation
The product is automatically or manually loaded onto the infeed conveyor of the wrapper. The conveyor belt moves the product into the tube of film formed by the film former. A guide located at the back side of the infeed conveyor guides the product as it travels through the film former. The machine detects the product and starts the powered film unwind feeding film. This eliminates any film tension against the product.
The product in the film tube then continues into the L-seal area. When the product clears the seal bars the discharge conveyor stops and the seal bars close, sealing and cutting the film around the product. If another product enters the infeed conveyor and the seal bars are closed the infeed conveyor will stop just before the product contacts the seal bar. After the seal dwell timer times out the seal bars open, the infeed conveyor restarts if it had stopped and the discharge conveyor restarts transferring the product sealed in film onto the customers conveyor or an optional tunnel conveyor belt. The scrap film created by the side seal is taken up by a film rewind system located under the discharge conveyor.
User-friendly color touch-screen operator interface
Innovative pinch roller design gently pulls raw film ahead of seal bar. Film breaks are eliminated on even the lightest film gauges. Precise control of the film web reduces film width requirement for most products.
A single adjustment provides a centered seal for best product appearance, while limiting seal head stroke for the fastest production speeds. A proprietary "Seal Height Calibration Sequence" measures seal head height and automatically determines proper seal head cushioning for all seal heights.
A guillotine style seal head provides consistent seal strength for all product profiles. Vertical movement using linear shafts, bearings and reciprocating chains, is proven to be a superior sealing method eliminating the scissor action and linkages associated with pivot style systems.
- Welded steel frame in a compact size for space efficiency
- Guillotine style hot knife seal bar design
- Single point adjustment seal height with automatic seal cylinder stroke limiting
- "Seal Height Calibration Sequence" automatically determines proper seal head cushioning
- 45-90 FPM variable-speed conveyor
- Soft start by AC frequency control
- Allen Bradley MicroLogix PLC and color touch-screen interface
- Continuous product staging infeed
- Easy-load film cradle with on demand power film feed
- Perforator wheel hole punch (pneumatic hole punch optional)
- Film pinch roller is positioned ahead of seal head eliminating film breaks/tears
- Scrap film trim removal by rewind system
- Casters with adjustable legs
Guarding and Finish
- All working areas are guarded with clear polycarbonate hinged doors with electrical interlocks
- Gray powder coated finish is the Arpac standard
Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- One day Factory Acceptance Test for one product size is included
- Vision Series Shrink Tunnel (48" Shrink Chamber Length)
- Vision Series Shrink Tunnel (72" Shrink Chamber Length)
- 2" seal height extension increases seal jaw opening to 8" (incompatible with closing conveyor option)
- Additional print registration programming, per product configuration
- Arpac Polyethylene seal bars (Instead of standard)
- Auxiliary E-stop button
- Auxiliary infeed control relay. Available in field retro kit form
- Closing conveyor - factory installed
- Film centerfolder 52". Available in field retro kit form
- Food approved infeed and discharge belts
- Infeed product guide. Available in field retro kit form
- Low film alert with 3 color machine status beacon
- Lower film cradle. Available in field retro kit form
- Machine status beacon with two colors (red for stop or fault, green for run)
- Mushroom insert PVC seal bars (Instead of standard)
- Pneumatic hole punch. Available in field retro kit form. (Instead of standard perforator wheel) for LDPE
- Print registration. Available in field retro kit form
- Reverse flow (L to R)
- UL/CSA approved main electrical cabinet
- Vertical photo eye
- 6' belted infeed conveyor. Available in field retro kit form
- 6' lugged infeed conveyor. Available in field retro kit form
- 6' variable speed belted infeed conveyor with right angle indexer
- 11' belted infeed conveyor. Available in field retro kit form
- 10' lugged infeed conveyor
- 6' long by 2" high paper guides. Available in field retro kit form
- 10' long by 2" high paper guides. Available in field retro kit form
- Tablet with Pre-Loaded Documentation Files: operation manual, electrical schematics, BOMs, spare parts list, spares ordering link, stop watch, conversion calculator, Factory Acceptance reports, and an Arpac Gmail account to receive our latest promotions
- Tablet with Pre-Loaded Documentation Files and Training Module (maintenance, change over, trouble shooting, videos etc.)
- Width (across machine): 1.5" to 15"
- Length (flow direction): 4" to 18.5"
- Height Range: .25" to 6"
- Seal Dimensions: 17.75"W x 19.5"L
- Weight: Up to 25 lb
- Roll Diameter: Up to 11.5"
- Roll Width: Up to 24"
- Type: Polyethylene, Polyolefin, PVC
- Clear or randomly printed film
- Center fold
- W + H (1" min.) + 3" = CF film width
- For products over 3" high, use W + H + 4 = CF film width
- Variable Speed: 45-90 feet per minute, up to 40 packages per minute
- Electrical: 220 VAC, 1 Ph, 60 Hz, 15 A
- Air: 80 psi, up to 5 SCFM
- Gross Shipping Weight: 1170 lb
Please contact Pro Pac or call 888-318-0083 for your shrink equipment.