Increase Fork Lift Efficiency and Reduce Load Handling Times
The Orion Flex CTS is a conveyorized twin-station stretch wrapping machine designed to increase fork lift efficiency and reduce load handling times by providing a powered conveyor turntable and a gravity conveyor section used as a staging platform for wrapped loads waiting to be picked up.
The Flex CTS stretch wrapping machine was designed to fill the gap between our Flex HPA and the FA fully automatic stretch wrapper. By providing a powered conveyorized turntable and gravity discharge conveyor section, the Flex CTS can dramatically reduce the amount of time spent handling loads.
The Flex CTS stretch wrapping machine is built with many of the same components of our larger and more sophisticated automatic system, and offers throughput speeds approaching fully-automatic systems at a fraction of the cost.
Film Tail Cut & Wipe Down System
This is the same pneumatically activated film clamp, cut and press system as used on some of Orion's fully-automatic stretch wrapping systems. It's fully adjustable, extremely rugged and designed to give years of reliable service. The standard film cutter is an impulse hot wire.
The components used on the conveyors are the same quality as used on other Orion fully-automatic machinery. Just because the Flex CTS has a low price doesn't mean we scrimp on the quality of the components.
Operation of the Flex CTS
- The load is brought to Flex CTS stretch wrapper and placed on either the conveyorized turntable or the empty conveyor section. To start the wrapping cycle the operator pulls a lanyard or uses the optional Orion remote controller.
- The operator is free to attend to other tasks such as getting the next pallet load to be wrapped.
- When the operator returns, the wrapped load has been automatically moved to the gravity conveyor section, or remains on the turntable conveyor section. The operator is then free to place the unwrapped load on the CTS and signal the machine to start wrapping.
- Next the operator picks up the wrapped load from the gravity conveyor and takes it away.
IntelleVue is a display panel and controls package on the CTS. IntelleVue was designed to make Orion wrappers the smartest, easiest to use and intuitive pallet wrappers on the market today. The redesigned operating system was written from the ground up so that Orion wrappers are as easy to use as a smart phone.
- 7" Full color HD touchscreen on all A and D models
- 5.7" Full color HD touchscreen on all S models
- Intuitive graphical interface for easy use
- Ethernet port for remote connectivity
- USB port for loading software updates
- Brand new operator interface has never been easier to use
- Access to all machine functions within 2 clicks
- 3 Levels of log in security: User, Maintenance & Administrator
- 10 Programmable wrap recipes for ultimate flexibility
- On-screen display of machine status or faults
- Notifications for machine PM based on cycles run
- Onboard instructions & troubleshooting with photos
- Easily change display from English to Spanish
Insta-Thread Film Delivery System
The Orion Insta-Thread film delivery system faces the side for easier film roll loading and threading. The system uses specially designed rollers to accurately elongate film at a standard rate of 260%.
This highly reliable prestretch systems features the fastest, easiest and safest film loading on the market, and an advanced non-contact film tension sensor for years of trouble-free wrapping.
A sophisticated photo eye senses even difficult colored and reflective loads, and Orion's unique Insta-Sense system pauses the wrap cycle if the stretch film breaks or runs out.
Key Benefits of the Flex CTS
The Flex CTS eliminates the need for an operator to attach and cut the stretch film and eliminates time-loss from forklift drivers watching loads being wrapped. Simply place the pallet-load on either the gravity turntable or the conveyor turntable via forklift, and pull a lanyard switch or activate the machine with a remote controller while backing away. The machine will wrap the load as you have pre-determined it to do, automatically adapting to the load size and shape (within machine specifications). At end of the wrap cycle the load will be conveyed onto the exit pick-up conveyor section, freeing the turntable to receive another load.
The film is pre-stretched (elongated) at 260% which processes the stretch film for maximum linear strength and load retention, while reducing material cost. Film Force-to-Load control is automatic, performing like cruise-control so the film constantly adapts to the load shape, size and machine operating speed, resulting in minimal film breaks at maximum stretch. Bottom line...Properly wrapped loads for reduced shipping damage and reduced material cost.
Functionality, uptime and safe interaction are all critical to your operation! The Orion Flex series designs include many standard features to enhance the machine's performance, uptime and safe operator interaction (often options with competitive models).
Features on the Flex CTS Operational
- Motor driven powered turntable conveyor (No load pushing)
- Easy to use IntelleVue HMI controller
- Up to 9 wrap recipes for various load types
- Separate top / bottom wrap counts adjustable from 1-9
- Separate up / down film carriage speed controls (No single speed control)
- Automatic film force-to-load control (No load cells or strain gauges)
- Automatic load height detection photocell
- Lanyard switch included for remote cycle start (Wireless remote optional)
- Automatic film clamping and cutting (No operator needed)
- Film tail press-to-load (Helps prevent film unraveling)
- Film roping curls film to lock load to pallet
- Precision ring bearing turntable support (No casters)
- Direct chain/sprocket turntable drive (No belt)
- Industrial PLC controller (No proprietary microprocessor)
- AC motors (No DC motor brushes)
- Power track film carriage cable carrier
- Structural steel tube base frame
- Insta-thread film carriage, drop-in film threading
- Film carriage down obstacle detection, stops drive
- Film carriage drop-lock device, prevents free-falling
- Maximum load size 48"W x 48"L x 72"H
- Minimum load size 36"W x 36"L x 15"H
- Weight capacity up to 4,000 pounds
- Stretch film 20" wide, up to 110 gauge
Turntable Structure, Support & Drive
- 115/1/60, 20 Amp electrical service
- 80 PSI clean/dry compressed air @ 3 CFM
- Precision ring bearing turntable support system
- Up to 15 RPM variable speed with adjustable soft-start
- Heavy-duty direct chain & sprocket drive
- AC drive motor with variable frequency drive
- Electronically adjustable acceleration/deceleration (soft start)
- Adjustable film roping bar curls film into rope to lock load to pallet
- Automatic film tail treatment
- Film tail clamp, hot-wire film cutter, film press-to load system
Film Carriage, Stretch & Delivery
- Easy to use touch-screen HMI panel display for easiest operator use
- Industrial programmable logic controller (non-proprietary)
- Industrial switches for E-stop & main power
- Separate top and bottom 1-9 wrap count selectors
- Separate film carriage up/down speed controls
- Photocell for automatic load height detection
- NEMA 12 dust/splash-proof control enclosure
- Digital control settings for motor speeds
- 24 Volt DC controls
- 20" Orion insta-thread powered pre-stretch film delivery system
- 260% standard pre-stretch (sprocket changeable from 100% to 300%)
- Automatic film force-to-load control works like cruise control
- Shock absorber film dancer bar with non-wearing sensor
- Precision polyurethane pre-stretch rollers for consistent film yield
- AC drive motor with variable frequency drive
- No lube belt lift/lower system with drop-lock technology
- Multi-point UHMW precision carriage guidance system
- Insta-sense film out/broken sensing logic
- Electronic film tension control adjustment
- Easy drop-in film threading design
- Power driven turntable conveyor
- One 5' gravity unloading conveyor
- 2.5" diameter rollers on 3.25" centers
- 18" height to top of rollers x 52" conveyor width
Please contact Pro Pac or call 888-318-0083 for your stretch wrapping equipment.