Apply Tamper Bands and Shrink Sleeves to Small, Cylindrical Products
Axon HZ-100 horizontal shrink systems are designed to apply tamper evident bands and shrink sleeve labels to small diameter, cylindrical products such as lipsticks, eyeliner pencils, mascaras, and lip balms that are not easily handled in a vertical position.
The HZ-100 features an integrated tamper band or sleeve applicator with a shrink tunnel built on a single, stainless steel monobloc frame.
This complete shrink system includes a horizontal applicator with a static reduction system, an innovative after-tamp sleeve centering station, an integrated compact heat tunnel, a roller conveyor that rotates product inside the heat tunnel, and a discharge ramp for gentle discharge of products from the system.
Axon HZ-100 horizontal tamper band and shrink sleeve systems are a proven solution for leading beauty and personal care product companies around the world.
Features & Benefits
- Stainless steel monobloc construction - HZ-100 systems are mounted on sturdy monobloc stainless steel frames to assure precise sleeving performance.
- 15-minute size changeovers - HZ-100 systems offer simple, fast container changeovers which increase uptime and improve productivity.
- Guillotine style cutter - Simple, durable and dependable two-blade cutting system delivers consistent, clean cuts.
- Long blade life - Under normal operating conditions HZ-100 cutting blades can be used for up to one year before replacement is required.
- After-tamp & sleeve centering system - Enhances product quality by assuring applied sleeves are accurately positioned prior to shrink process.
- Roller conveyor with digital heat control - Containers are rotated as they move through the shrink tunnel.
- Auto-lift heat tunnel system - HZ-100 heat tunnel is automatically raised during conveyor stoppages to avoid damaging sleeved product.
- Intuitive, industry standard PackML programming & HMI user interfaces - Consistent terminology, consistent screen displays and standardized program structures enhance ease of operation and maintenance.
- Horizontal product orientation - The most effective method for handling and sleeving unstable, cylindrical products.
- Roller conveyor - Provides continuous rotation of product inside the heat tunnel to impart optimal shrink.
- Cutting system - Guillotine knife mechanism provides a clean and precise cut for a high-quality finish - it's also simple to maintain.
- Recipe functionality - Change machine settings with the push of a button for quick changeovers.
- Bilingual operation - English, Spanish & Portuguese HMI.
- PMMI certified training - Operator training provided by a PMMI Certified Technician.
- Dual applicator heads - Second head increases production speeds up to 120 cpm.
- Print registration system - Fiber optic sensor reads film registration marks so the PLC can calculate cut lengths to assure sleeve length accuracy.
- Inspection & rejection - Detects presence or absence of a sleeve (typically prior to shrink tunnel). No sleeve = container rejection.
- Vertical, horizontal & T perforators - Add perforations to enhance ease of opening.
- Non-round product handling - Rotates non-round containers to enhance shrink quality.
- Date code printers – Integrated thermal transfer printing of UPC codes and date codes.
- Infeed hopper - Allows operators to load product into an automated container feed system that meters and discharges single containers onto the infeed conveyor.
- Spare parts kit - Recommended start-up parts inventory.
|Speed ||Up to 60 cpm single head, up to 120 cpm dual head |
|Film Layflat Range ||18 mm - 40 mm (0.71" - 1.57") |
|Product Diameter ||9 mm - 24 mm (0.35" - 0.94") |
|Applied Film Materials ||PVC, PETG, OPS, PLA |
|Film Thickness ||50 - 70 microns |
|Controls ||Allen Bradley PLC & HMI |
|Power ||220V Single ph |
|Air ||80 psi, 5 cfm |
Please contact Pro Pac or call 888-318-0083 for your shrink sleeve equipment.