Versatile, Fast, and User-Friendly Flow Wrapper
With speeds up to 120ppm, the PFM Hawk user-friendly horizontal form fill and seal machine is ideal for operations demanding top performance, increased flexibility, greater efficiency, and low maintenance costs.
The Hawk flow wrapper automatically produces closed pillow style packets with three seals from heat-sealable packaging material.
The Hawk is the ideal machine for packaging single solid products including food and non-food products, especially when it is necessary to carry out frequent changes of setup.
This flow wrapper from PFM is designed to incorporate the advanced components and features of a larger machine into a compact and ergonomic design while maintaining quick and easy product changeovers.
The versatility of the Hawk flow wrapper allows you to package a vast range of products and utilize a wide variety of packaging materials, such as OPP, BOPP, laminates, HLPE, polyolefin, etc.
- Wraps up to 120 packages per minute
- Fast 5 minute changeover
- Compact, functional and ergonomic design
- Fully adjustable former
- Integrated motion controller/PLC complete with built in four line alpha-numeric display to control the main machine functions
- Specific product settings can be saved and retrieved from the operator interface panel
- 2 axis system servo control
- Main frame and electrical cabinet in mild steel, Steel-it™ painted for improved protection
- 6' (1.8m) infeed conveyor
- Easily removable product pushers
- Three sets of finwheels
- One self centering film reel holder for a max. film width of 19.6" (500mm)
- Jaws up to 9.8" (250mm) wide and 6.7" (170mm) diameter
- Mechanical torque limiter on crimperhead
- Adjustable crimper height
- All parts in contact with the product are stainless steel or food approved plastic
- High precision temperature controllers
- Runs a variety of materials, including laminated, bonded or micro-perforated polypropylene, polyethylene, and heat-shrinkable materials
- Length: 2" - 20"
- Width: 0.2" - 9.6"
- Height: 0.1" - 4.25"
- Laminated polypropylene
- Bonded polypropylene
- Perforated polypropylene
- Hi-low density polyethylene
- Heat-shrinkable materials with trimmed seals
- Print registration
- 3 axis servo system with 3 brushless servo motors and color HMI
- No product no bag and misplaced product detection
- 2nd self centering reel holder
- Extended infeed/discharge
- Quick change pitch
- Automatic infeeds
- Choice of open top fixed formers or articulated formers
- 2-up bolt on jaws
- Hole punch jaws
- Full stainless version
- Shrink version