Shrink Bundle Magazines, Catalogs, and Other Paper Products in the Publishing Industry
The nVenia Arpac industry-leading 75GI shrink bundler meets the needs of low to medium volume printers and interacts with today's 18,000 to 20,000 books-per-hour binding lines, presorted postal route sequencing applications and the printing industry's fastest counter-stackers.
The Arpac 75GI is capable of wrapping extremely short, lightweight and random sized products, and is ideal for e-commerce applications. Shrink wrapped bundles reduce movement and product damage during shipment, and provide protection against harmful environmental conditions.
The 75GI wraps random sized stacks on demand, without interrupting production of the wrapper itself. The zero tension film feed ensures that this compact and economical shrink bundler wraps up to 75 products per minute.
- Products are conveyed paced and centered onto the powered infeed conveyor.
- Photo eyes located on the infeed conveyor detect the height of the product as it passes.
- The PLC then cycles the zero tension mechanism so that there is no film tension applied to the product as it intersects the film.
- When the product intersects the film web, it passes through the seal frame and moves onto the seal conveyor.
- As the product moves through the film the machine detects film usage and starts the powered film unwind feeding
- After enough film is fed the powered film unwind system stops.
- As the product moves through the seal frame the seal carriage moves the seal frame forward with the product and the seal bars close to form a film sleeve around the tray.
- The seal bars cut and seal the film.
- After the seal dwell timer times out the seal bars open and the seal carriage returns to its home position.
- The product in the film sleeve continues moving forward across the seal conveyor and transfers onto the tunnel conveyor.
- The tunnel conveyor moves the product through the shrink tunnel chamber.
- The film shrinks evenly around the product as it travels through the tunnel.
- When the wrapped product exits the tunnel the film is still somewhat tacky.
- A cooling section located at the exit of the tunnel blows ambient/cool air onto the film as the product passes.
- This cools the film and allows for handling.
- The wrapped product then transfers onto the customer's conveyor completing the shrink packaging cycle.
- Heavy-duty rugged construction designed for high durability and around-the-clock operation
- Compact, single frame design (wrapper with integrated tunnel)
- Laser cut and CNC machined components for maximum precision powder coat finish
- Speeds up to 75 bundles per minute
- Wraps random sized stacks on demand
- Continuous motion seal head provides smooth and quick transitions of product through the wrapper at high speeds
- Quick change plasma-coated seal bars for long life and easy maintenance
- Timing belt stabilized seal frame reduces maintenance and dirt accumulation
- Independent variable speed drives on the wrapper and tunnel
- Zero tension film feed prevents paper sheets or slippery magazines from shingling
- Side mounted film cradles for quick and easy film loading
- Shrink tunnel with product cooling section at the tunnel exit speeds film curing
- Durable Intralox conveyor belts eliminate tracking problems
- Low film alert warns that a film changeover will soon be necessary
- Allen-Bradley programmable logic controller with ARPAC standard operator interface
- Digital controls for fast and accurate setup
- NEMA 12 electrical cabinet and controls
- Central point lubrication allows for routine maintenance without stopping production
- Split belt conveyor allows wrapping of thin and lightweight products. This is typically used for e-commerce applications where product is placed on a chipboard or corrugated pad prior to wrapping.
- Collating systems for grouping stacks of products together before they proceed through the seal frame and into the shrink tunnel.
- On certain high-gloss or stitched products, static charging may be necessary to hold the bundle together while shrink wrapping.
- Casters for machine portability.
- Side smoothing rollers to smooth out odd shaped bull's eyes.
- Paper products
- Speed: Up to 75 packages per minute
- Electrical: 460 VAC, 3 Ph, 60 Hz, 40 Amp
- Air: 80 psi, 12 SCFM
- Lead Time: 8-10 weeks
- Tablet with Pre-Loaded Documentation Files: operation manual, electrical schematics, BOMs, spare parts list, spares ordering link, stop watch, conversion calculator, Factory Acceptance reports, and an ARPAC GMAIL account to receive our latest promotions.
- Tablet with Pre-Loaded Documentation Files and Training Module (maintenance, change over, trouble shooting, videos etc.)
- Width (across machine): 5" to 12"
- Length (flow direction): 7" to 18"
- Height Range: .1875" to 10"
- Roll Diameter: Up to 14"
- Gauge: Up to 6 mil
- Roll Width: 6" to 19"
- Type: Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Clear or randomly printed
- Core: Up to 3"
Please contact Pro Pac or call 888-318-0083 for your shrink bundling equipment.